About Me

My photo
Through my many years of living I have learned that gratitude, generosity, forgiveness and hopefulness are ingredients for a good life well spent.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Lumberjack 26 October 2016

Today I climbed a ladder
Which I leaned into a tree.
It was somewhat precarious
And more than a bit rickety.

I climbed it more than once
For it wasn’t one but three.
And they are big old cedars
That block our view you see.

So they needed much the pruning
Their tops that I sawed free.
And as I clung to branches
And grasped them steadily.

I sawed by arm and hand
I sawed quite heartily.
I sawed until my shoulder ached
And felt it tenderly.

I sawed from every angle.
I sawed so busily.
And then I cleared the brush away
And cleared it hastily.

For my partner does not like it
When I work when absent he
But now I see the distant hills
And view the wild turkey.

And I watch the deer and foxes run
As they dash so speedily.
So I am pleased by the finished task
And grin now mischievously.

When will he notice what is done
When will it dawn on he
That the vista has now improved
And grown formidably.

No comments: