About Me

My photo
Through my many years of living I have learned that gratitude, generosity, forgiveness and hopefulness are ingredients for a good life well spent.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Autumn Ride

Resting

The Sun so warm upon my face
Fills my spirit with passion’s zest
As I glide with steady pace
The breeze upon my heaving chest.

The air clean and fresh in autumn light
My nostrils wide with harvest scent
My eyes are filled with such delight
As my thighs churn with torso bent.


The colours of the woods surrounding
Vibrant red and orange and purple yet
The call of nature deep resounding
With resonance I shan’t forget.

I cycle through the field and down the lane
To gravel road and more descent
My legs revolve beyond their pain
And sweating still I am content.

Then up and up and up again I strive
With pulsing veins as muscles pound
Telling me I am quite alive
With circling wheels homeward bound.

No comments: