About Me

My photo
Through my many years of living I have learned that gratitude, generosity, forgiveness and hopefulness are ingredients for a good life well spent.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Endless Rain

Oh for a day without endless rain
One day, just one, for pity’s sake
The grass is like a horse’s mane
The breeze is of a glistening lake
With laundry waiting for the line.
The sun is seldom seen for this late June
And patiently I bide my time
Amid lush trees and fragrant bloom.
I should not mind the rain pounding on my roof
While I watch from the comfort of my covered porch











Though man’s organizing mind in truth
Could wish it came with much less force;
And I look so for the sun’s healing rays
Though I would wish its heat was less extreme
But we are held to account for nature’s ways
By greed and vanity and selfish schemes.
Raging floods in torrents cause banks to burst
Then cruel drought follows in its stead
Drying wells and causing plants to wilt with thirst
Until the garden lays parched and dead.
I remember when spring was long and green,
Summer days were blissful, filled with laughter’s sound
And autumn crisp and golden and serene
Followed by winter’s predictable snow upon the ground
Each season with its purpose and its mark
Has long worked its magic on this tiny star
But must we now endure the chaos however stark?
Have we missed the chance and gone too far?

No comments: