About Me

My photo
Through my many years of living I have learned that gratitude, generosity, forgiveness and hopefulness are ingredients for a good life well spent.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

All Things Bright and Beautiful

On a day that’s cold and white
When winter’s in full swing
There is a vision, quite the sight
While birds fly on the wing.
It is a fluffy little rabbit
Who eats the seeds below
And this is now quite the habit
While fatter he does grow.

And yes the birds seem well undone
That all the seeds aren’t theirs
For rabbit edges on their fun
And seems quite unawares
That all this food is not for him
It’s meant for aviary dining
But they as well are not so slim
And should clearly stop their whining.

There is plenty there for one and all
Even Squirrel has nimbly eaten
By feats that amuse and quite enthrall
For he will not be beaten.
So there we have our little clutch
Of those who share this hill
And this pleases me yes very much
From where I sit quite still.

No comments: