About Me

My photo
Through my many years of living I have learned that gratitude, generosity, forgiveness and hopefulness are ingredients for a good life well spent.

Saturday, April 29, 2006


Spring is my favourite time of year. The brown of late winter has turned an invigorating green. Each morning the robins' song wakens us and each night the peepers put us to sleep. The trees are fat with the expectancy of new leaves. The forsythia that have sparkled with vibrancy for several weeks have lost only a little of their intensity. The lilacs are already teasing us with the first hints of the flowers and rich aroma to come. Some daffodils have already faded but others are still in full bloom and the tulips are just beginning to show hints of their many rich colours. Blue birds have nested in one of our houses and swallows in others.
What I enjoy about our garden in particular is that it is made up of mostly perennials. However, I spent much of yesterday digging in the earth and planting some annuals - a variety of sunflowers that will hopefully stand from 3 to 14 feet tall this summer if the seeds do not become a feast for the birds.

No comments: